Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 05:00:39PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> While I didn't choose to do so with this e-mail ;-) I use pine, and have
> no problems editing the header any way that suites. This isn't something
> we are asking "clueless user" to do. This is a practice that I suggest the
> clued developer use to help reduce the traffic. It will require concious
> intervention in your normal routine to impliment, but has real potential
> to reduce traffic on the lists.
>
> If you don't have control of your reply header then you should find
> another mail program Steve.

Indeed, as a user of the Group Reply feature, I do try to make a point of
remembering to remove the addresses of people who have requested in the
past not to get them.  I certainly do know the difference between r and
shift-g on my keyboard.  And I have been known to reply by private mail
only.

Just because most people don't do it now doesn't mean they can't start.
Steve is not giving us much credit here.  Dwarf, you have the right idea
here I think.

"Bruce McKinney, author of of Hardcore Visual Basic, has announced that
he's fed up with VB and won't be writing a 3rd edition of his book.  The
best quote is at the end: 'I don't need a language designed by a focus
group'."