Re: Control Panel

On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 09:45:47AM -0300, Diego Delgado Lages wrote:
> I'm making something like a Control Panel for Debian.
>
> It's alpha yet, and I would like to know someone would like to help me
>
> It is in Gtk/Gnome...
>
> An snapshot is available in http://www.lci.ufrj.br/~dlages/
> (it may not compile... :((()

Might I suggest you coordinate your efforts with the Debian configuration
project?  I've not been following it, but it really sounds like it might
save duplicated effort.  Take a look at dconfig.doogie.org and the
archives of the debian-admintool mailing list.

(and please, Please, PLEASE!! remember that not everyone in the world
likes or wants gnome..  there are even CONSOLE USERS out there still
believe it or not.  Some by choice, some by necessity and slow hardware.
Don't forget about them)

<Overfiend> partycle: I seriously do need a vacation from this package.
            I actually had a DREAM about introducing a stupid new bug
            into xbase-preinst last night.  That's a Bad Sign.