Re: We can halve volume by not allowing nondevelopers to post

But devel is one of the places where we get comments from public. A lot of major arguments in the past has been moved to devel when someone realizes that it needs public opinion. debian-user is for users to ask for help. /. is not the right place. The increased volume IMHO reflects the growth of Debian. Devel has always been the place to discuss stuff, political or otherwise.

What I suggest is that we ask the posters to follow some basic etiquette and that will cut down unnecessary follow ups without reducing currect effectiveness of devel.

Cheers,
Vaidhy

> On Fri, Mar 19, 1999 at 03:45:18PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
>
> > This, together with the unstable/frozen lists, might put -devel back
> > where nearly everyone could read it.

Alike for those who for Today prepare
And those that after a Tomorrow stare;
A Muezzin from Tower of Darkness cries,
"Fools, your reward is nether here nor there".
                          - Omar Khayyam