Re: Howto implement device detection without thrashing

> 2. Have a small file of, say, 32KByte. Use it as wrap-around tape, e.g. we
> start writing at the beginning of the file if we reach the end. Combined with
> 1. we will not have to update the filesystem each time we write something and
> the writes are very localized. This way even the hard disk cache will help us
> to avoid a slow down. This cache is not influenced by the system crashing.

it's a good idea.... for that matter, since we know the ordering of tests,
even writing the last test that was conducted successfully might be enough
info to recover, right? what am i missing?

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/