Re: FOUND IT!!! was Re: Problems with dselect...

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> It's easier to just rebuild the package from source as an NMU for the CD.

Yes, sometimes it's easier to rebuild from source.

> Can dpkg-deb be coerced to just put the elements back into the ar archive,
> or do I have to create a debian/tmp directory properly populated for
> building?

With dpkg-deb, I think you need a temporary directory properly populated,
but you may use dpkg-deb itself to properly populate the temporary
directory from the .deb, i.e. something like this:

dpkg-deb -x somedir/foo_version.deb tmp
dpkg-deb --control somedir/foo_version.deb tmp/DEBIAN
[ follow commands to alter any of the files in tmp or tmp/DEBIAN ]
dpkg --build tmp .

would probably work.

Thanks.

--
 "6a8db6133f382b2e6e7409001694291d" (a truly random sig)