Re: Listserver concerns

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:
> From what I've seen, Listar is far more capable than Mailman.

In what areas, specifically, or perhaps just as important, from whose
perspective?

When I looked at the two of them, listar struck me as an excellent
(and seemingly very efficient) reimplementation of the functionality
Majordomo has caused people to come to expect, while mailman seemed to
cover the same bases but threw in web-based administration and
integrated archiving, perhaps at the cost of some performance
(compared to listar, not majordomo, which it seems to equal or
surpass).

For *my* uses mailman seemed preferable because its integrated
approach to web-based administration means there is finally a whelk's
chance in a supernova that our listowners (law faculty running lists
for their classes) will finally be able to take on the administration
of their lists, rather than driving our staff crazy with constant
niggling about introductory texts and other things that could are
easily changed but they do not with to learn how to do.

But I would like to hear if listar has something that makes it really
superior.

Mike.