Re: slink is gone, goals for potato?

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 12:48:31PM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:
> > I was thinking about the *orig.tar.gz and *diff.gz, not for the packages.
> > This gives us some more space on mirrors and on our source-cd.
>
> One problem - most the *.orig.tar.gz files are simply the renamed
> upstream packages.  If we unpack and repack them, then we no longer
> have "pristine" sources.

I'd rather have the X sources being smaller on the CDs than pristine.  (I
don't recall them being pristine sources at the moment anyway)

Also, some packages like epic4 and kernel sources are released in both
formats.  Using the smaller in these cases is a good thing.

<Flood> can I write a unix-like kernel in perl?