new libc6(?) breaks jdk1.1

Hi all, ran into a problem just now. I used apt-get to update the
system to the newest potato snapshot (I do that about once a
week). Apt-get updated a bunch of packages, among them libc6. After
the update, java and javac from jdk1.1-1.1.7v1a-2 blow up with:

/usr/lib/jdk1.1/bin/i686/green_threads/java: error in loading shared
libraries: /usr/lib/jdk1.1/lib/i686/green_threads/libjava.so:
undefined symbol: _dl_symbol_value

I suspect this is due to the new libc6, but I'm not 100% sure. Any
workarounds for this, is there a newer jdk available that works with
the new potato snapshot or something else I could try?

Any place where I could load the previous version of libc6 from?
The one in slink is a bit too old for my system, it doesn't install
into my bleeding-edge Debian version. Any help appreciated.

//Petri