"Christian T. Steigies" <cts@ap031.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> On 13 Mar 1999, Andy Mortimer wrote:
>
> > The description:
> >
> >  Package: birthday
> >  Version: 1.0
> >  Section: misc
> >  Architecture: i386
> Huh, is this i386 specific?

Er ... it's not, I just cut-and-pasted the description from the .deb
file, which happened to be compiled for i386! Sorry for the confusion

> Having written something similar myself, I have learned how to use
> the unix date functions with this program and its now running under
> AmigaOS, DOS, solaris and linux without problems.

There's an old version in the source code which used to run under
Windows, too, with a Nice Dialog Box and everything ... but I don't
have easy access to a Windows compiler any more. But the UNIXy parts
should be reasonably portable.

Andy

--
Andy Mortimer                                 andy.mortimer@zetnet.co.uk