Re: Device detection?

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 05:09:47PM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:
>    checkpointing is needed for lots of apps... it doesn't necessary cause any
>    thrashing.
>
> Good.  It must just be bad Windows implementation, as usual.

I've been told that it's there because the thing needs to actually give
the user a full appreciation that YES the machine IS in fact doing
something.  This should not come as a surprise of course given the users
in question here.  Still, this adds both unnecessary delay and thrashing
the disk like that probably isn't too good for the drive itself in the
long run.

<stu> you should be afraid to use KDE because RMS might come to your
      house and cleave your monitor with an axe or something :)