Re: virtual packages

Edward Betts <edward@hairnet.demon.co.uk> writes:

> On Sun, 14 Mar, 1999, Greg Stark wrote:
>
> or
>
> arlad Depends xfs2.0.36|xfs2.2.3

Problem is that's not quite right, if someone downloads the source and
recompiles the kernel module for their kernel there's no reason the daemon
won't work with it. Of course they could just recompile the daemon but they
might want to update the daemon from the archive later and this would force
them to recompile the daemon at each release even if there's no reason to.

Incidentally, yes I noticed that "xfs" would be a poor choice. I'm using
"arla-modules-<kernelversion>" and "arla-modules" right now (even though
there's only the one module).

greg