Intent to package: "birthday"

This is a program I wrote for my own use a while ago, and have been
upgrading and fixing for a few years, and since everyone who's had a
copy was appreciative, I thought it was probably ready for wider use!
The description:

 Package: birthday
 Version: 1.0
 Section: misc
  Given a list of the dates of various different events, works out and
  displays a list of those which will come up in the next couple of
  weeks. This was originally designed for birthdays, but can equally be
  used for reminders about yearly events, or for a running diary.

It takes as input files looking like:

Andy=27/08/76 bd
Vicky=24/3/1976 bd
# ...
St Valentine's Day=14/2 ev
New Year=1/1 ev
Christmas=25/12 ev
The Millenium=1/1/2000 ev w500

and gives output something like

Vicky is 23 years old in 1 week and 4 days' time.
The Millenium in 9 months, 2 weeks and 5 days' time.

depending what day it is!

I still haven't quite decided what license -- GPL or Artistic,
probably -- to release it under, but it will definitely be DFSG-free.

(Although I'm only releasing it as a Debian package, because that's
what I know, I have no objection to it being RPM'd or uploaded to
anywhere else; this is not a philosophical point! Do we have any
policy about non-Debian-specific packages where the canonical location
for the source is the Debian archive?)

Andy

--
Andy Mortimer                                 andy.mortimer@zetnet.co.uk