Re: Perl 5.005 package

According to Darren/Torin/Who Ever...:
> Chip Salzenberg, in an immanent manifestation of deity, wrote:
> > This is all correct.  But it's not significantly better in the
> > development versions than in the stable ones.  Perl 5's threading
> > support is just plain dangerous and slow, and it always has been.
>
> But the plan is for improvement hopefully.

Yes, but not necessarily *compatible* improvement.  I'm working on
what will likely become Perl 6, and the Perl 5 threading model is not
likely to live on into Perl 6.

Perl 5's threading implementation is tagged EXPERIMENTAL in large,
friendly letters, and has been so tagged ever since it was introduced.
There is good reason.

> So, Chip is the hoon of hoon.perlsupport.com from the Uplift series by
> David Brin?

Good catch!  My other machines are "fin", "gkeck", "niss", and "kaa". :-)
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."