Re: Game for Linux

Michael Thayer wrote:
> I wrote a game long ago - Terroid, on sunsite.unc under games/arcade -
> which was never included in Debian, I think because it was not free
> enough.  The new version has a license which, I think, fills requirements.
> If anyone is interrested in including it in Debian, please feal free to
> contact me.

Yes, the license is exactly why I never bothered packaging it. I took a look
at version 1.4, and the license still has this in it:

5. No modifications intended to allow the software to be used within the
   Ms-Dos and Windows operating systems may be distributed with, or
   applied to, the source code or binary form of the software.
6. The authors Michael Thayer and Michael Haar are to be informed,
   preferable by electronic mail, when this software is distributed
   commercially.  A single notification is required for any given
   distribution, and explicit copies of that distribution (e.g. for all
   resellers of a given Linux distribution).

This is enough to make it fail the Debian Free Software Guidlines.

--
see shy jo