Re: SIMSON SAYS: Open Source Hardware (fwd)

On Thu, Mar 11, 1999 at 07:20:49PM -0500, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> Later this summer, the digital phone maker Qualcomm will release a new suite
> of programs called the Qualcomm Phone Utilities. The suite comes with a
> cable that lets you connect a Qualcomm cellular phone to any Windows-based
> computer, and a set of programs that give you unprecedented control over the
> phone's functions.
[..]

Am I the only one sitting here invisioning skr1pt k1d33z developing an
exploit for this and using it to phone patch themselves over the internet
through some poor sucker's Qualcomm fone and calling 1-900 porn numbers
with it?

What will they think of next?

To boldly go where no bunch of geeks have gone before :)   --Joel Klecker