Re: Compaq Deskpro 4000 network card

Andrew Martin Adrian Cater <amacater@galactic.debian.org> writes:

   I have to install Linux on a machine at work.  Cant find the (embedded)
   Compaq Netelligent card on any lists of hardware compatibility. Anyone
   know if it will work (or of any other gotcha's with Compaq Deskpro's ??)

I've had some Netelligent's show up as TI ThunderLANs; the rest appear
to be Intel EtherExpress Pro 100B's.  If the former I think you'll
need a custom kernel because we didn't have that driver on the boot
disks the last time I checked; otherwise you should be fine.
--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."