Re: [Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org>] Re: Debian & BSD concerns

    Stephen> Which police State do you live in?  I thought (it has
    Stephen> been a while) that you lived in the US?

If you don't think the US is a police state then you haven't been
paying attention lately. :)

There has been a bill meandering through Congress that supports WIPO.
Either because of this, or due to specific riders on this bill,
reverse engineering *would* become illegal.  Much furor has ensued in
the cryptographic communities because it would make cryptoanalysis
illegal by extension; crytanalysis being nothing more than a very
specific form of reverse engineering. :)

Unfortunately, I know neither the title of the bill nor its current
status.

--
Stephen
---