Re: Device detection?

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 08:45:02PM -0600, Stephen Crowley wrote:
> That's not what im talking about. There are some modules which work
> just fine when you modprobe them, psaux comes to mind. And i'm sure
> there are others. Im not suggestting scanning for *everything* just
> stuff that is fairly simple to detect.

No, you don't understand the problem...

Its what else MIGHT be at the ports your poking at which would not take
nicely to being poked at..

We have no way of knowing what could be there, and if it will crash the
system, often it /will/ crash the system, so we really can't probe
safely..

Zephaniah E. Hull.