Re: fetchmail corrupting mail bug

On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 09:19:16AM -0500, Brian Almeida wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't seem to recall what the problem was with fetchmail corrupting PGP/MIME
> stuff (as filed by Branden Robinson) but it stills seems to be doing it
> here...I am home for spring break, so I've been using fetchmail (instead of
> having mail delivered directly to my box via sendmail) and have gotten bad
> signatures on EVERYTHING, when they used to be good 100% of the time.
>
> I usually call fetchmail with --all --flush, but it also exhibits this behavior
> without them.
>
> There is only one line in my .fetchmailrc (edited, of course :):
>
> I also use procmail to filter my mail, if that matters.

poll MAILHOST protocol WHATEVER:
        username YOU
        password PASSWD fetchall no mimedecode;

Just put that in /etc/fetchmailrc and replace the words in caps.  This
will get all messages (sometimes if fetchmail aborts for some reason the
message it aborted on isn't "new" anymore and fetchmail leaves it alone
without this) and won't cause pain with pgp...

To boldly go where no bunch of geeks have gone before :)   --Joel Klecker