Re: Intent to Package / Package Status

Aye -- I noticed that svgatextmode gave me font errors when first running.
Looking into it -- I noticed that the conf. file for it wants to load fonts
/usr/share/consolefonts/lat1u- (16, 14, 12, 10, 8) while kbd uses
/usr/share/consolefonts/lat1- (16, 14, 12, 10, 8).  While svgatextmode works
(to some extent -- I always had probs, even after removing the u) with kbd
(which it used to recommends: ), I noticed that console-tools-data contains
the lat1u- files -- but console-tools-data conflicts with kbd (section base)
and uses kbd-compat instead -- oh well... I don't see a major problem with
that -- perhaps I am wrong.  The problem I've been having is that setfont,
which stm calls -- is apparently just a wrapper now -- I get:

Warning: this is a shell wrapper; consider using consolechars(8)

... this is bothering me -- while it works fine, I don't really care to see
it coming up every boot, and every call to stm -- so I'm not releasing the
updated version yet.

Incidentally -- if stm isn't loading the mouse properly, look in
/usr/sbin/STM_reset   :

if [ -f /var/run/gpm.pid ]
then
        echo "Screen resized to $1x$2. Restarting GPM..."
	kill -WINCH `cat /var/run/gpm.pid`     # gets pid from current gpm daemon, and send resize signal to it
fi

the original had gpmpid -- without the . -- and gpm wouldn't reset then -- there
is a bug posted regarding this -- which will be fixed (in potato) as soon as I
get that wrapper thing fixed.

one final thing -- I hope it's not bad for me to send from my acct. that's not
subscribed...