Re: intent to package gnucash

Tyson Dowd <trd@cs.mu.OZ.AU> writes:

> Note that the gnome versions of gnucash is not particularly useful
> at the moment.  It doesn't need packaging so much as developing.

Yep.

> The problem slowing down the lesstif versions is that XmHTML needs
> to be packaged first.  Once it is packaged I'm pretty sure it's just
> a case of transferring the debian build scripts from xacc and making
> a few spot changes.

Yep, but note that the new version will depend on more packages (like
guile).

Note also that the current lesstif version works quite well (at least
for me).  The gnome one is (for one thing) waiting on a couple of
important fixes to GtkSheet (which we've settled on for the register).

If you have any problems with packaging, let us know, and we'll fix
them.  I rewrote all the "make" stuff, and kept an eye on packaging
issues, but I may have missed something.  You should be able to use
--prefix=/usr with configure and "make PREFIX=`pwd`/debian/tmp
install" to install in the tmp dir.

> The quantum sort:
> 	while (!sorted) { do_nothing(); }

That's beautiful :>