An interest in Debian/68K

I have an old Mac IIvi with 12MB RAM that I would like to find a use for. It
is so old and slow that the kids refuse to even use it for older games! I
heard that Debian would load on 68K systems and thought this was worth
consideration.

Will Debian load on the Mac IIvi (built-in CD & floppy), and if so what
requirements does it have (minimum memory and disk space) for a runnable
system? I am not looking to write system code, but would like to be able to
use the system for some programming (let the kids learn how to program on a
'safe' system so they cannot destroy other work) and word processing
(homework and the like) and play some games.

Ken Allen