Looking for project to work on

As I'm currently unemployed I tend to have a fair amount of time on my
hands, and would therefore like to help out on a project of some kind. As
my coding skills aren't that great and I would like to improve them I would
appreciate it if someone could take me under their wing, as it were, and
throw me smaller, not too complex tasks to do, and if possible comment on
the code. I know the theory of C, and I'm going through Learning Perl at
the moment. A while back I did a bit of coding in gtk+.

Please note that my inet access is metered, and I must therefore be able to
test the code locally, without doing huge downloads.

TIA

Cheers
	Dave

--
         Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.2.1
<dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> | PGP key available on request