Re: Intent to package Seaview [Biology]

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 03:27:10PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 02:49:32PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > > Since Seaview depends on Xforms, it will end up in contrib :-(
> >
> > Did you try compiling it with FLTK - libftlk1{-dev} ?
>
> Well, FLTK is not a plug-in replacement for Xforms. You have to modify the
> program and, although the FLTK authors say it's easy, I did not try.

Yes I know, but it seems worth trying.

> But this is a nice suggetion and I forward it upstream. Did anyone was
> involved in a transition from Xforms to FLTK? This would get me out of the
> contrib hell and into the heaven of free software (SeaView itself is
> DFSG-free).

Talk to the PCMCIA packages maintainer, Brian <something> (sorry I forgot),
he ported something once, and visit http://fltk.easysw.com/, I think they
have some mailing lists. Marcello Magallon could also help, he maintains
FLTK .debs and IIRC is in the development of it.