Re: How does anyone keep up with this list?

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, John Rizzo wrote:

> Hey guys.. I would like to start helping with debian in any way possible.
> I have been haning out on this list for a while to see how everything
> works with you guys.  My only question is how does anyone ever keep up
> with this list.  Its huge and every day I check the list and after getting
> through reading everything that has been posted I stop for a little while
> and there are a ton of messages again.  I know I could use filters and
> stuff.  Is that how everyone else monitors the list?

Information overload :)

Yes, it's a problem.

I have all my mailing lists filed into separate folders (filtering on the

Then, you just have to get very good at skimming threads, and deleting
those that don't interest you.  A threaded mailer will help here
(although, actually, I don't use one).

Jules