Re: Debian's Bug Tracking Software

Previously Darren Benham wrote:
> After looking at it, I figured it'd be best, at this stage, to let the
> sysadmin figure out how to get the email to debbugs scripts (still requires
> it's own host name).

But including some hints in the documentation would be nice.

> I don't have Johnie's sendmail changes yet...

I have parts of it here apparently. Here is the mailer to use for
sendmail:

#!/bin/sh -e
SCRIPT=/var/lib/debbugs/scripts/receive
[ "$2" != "" ] && SCRIPT=$2
export LOCAL_PART=$1
export RECIPIENT=$1
exec "$SCRIPT"

Making a mailer-definition for sendmail should also be easy, but I'm
sure Johnie can provide us with that one.

Finally to enable this you should make sure sendmail has mailertable
support (add FEATURE(mailertable)dnl to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and run
sendmailconfig) and then create an entry in the table like this:

	bugs.my.net	debbugs:bugs.my.net

Finally rebuild the mailertable if you use a hash and then restart
sendmail (not sure if that is actually necessary).

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl