Re: xfree-3.3.3.1 packages

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Rahsheen Porter wrote:

> That's what I ended up doing. I d/l'd everything and installed it.
> Everything seems to be fine, but I wan't to know why apt was acting
> up....

> > > (a) how do i tell apt that the Packages.gz is at
> > > http://master.debian.org/~vincent/Packages.gz , but the packages themselves
> > > are at http://master.debian.org/~vincent/xfree-3.3.3.1/*.deb? (the Packages
> > > file does have xfree-3.3.3.1/ prepended to the locations of the packages).

Because this is wrong.

The Packages file should be in the xfree-3.3.3.1 directory *even though*
it contains xfree-3.3.3.1 prepended to the locations.

No, this doesn't seem particularly logical to me, either.  However, this
sort of line was original a hack for non-us anyhow, wasn't it?

The apt line would then be

deb http://master.debian.org/~vincent/ xfree-3.3.3.1/

Jules