Re: slink's dpkg

Le Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 05:12:03PM -0600, David Welton écrivait:
> What?!  First, is there any discussion of this that you can point to?

Look at the thread following the 'Critical bug list' mail ... it was said
that we will ship 2.1 without fixing dpkg's bugs.

> My initial impression, from reading these emails, is that we are
> basically going to risk Debian upgrades failing if the user has set
> the locale to something other than 'C'.  Is this indeed true?  If so,

Yes. It experienced it multiple times. Each time I have to do this if
I forgot to unset LC_ALL:
# dplg --configure --pending
# LC_ALL=C apt-get upgrade

> what is the rationale for releasing with this?

Otherwise we will never release ... nobody has been able to provide a patch
for this bug. I tried to sent enough info to the BTS so that somebody which
is able to correct will do it but that has not been the case. :-(

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/