slink's dpkg

Hello.

I have a friend who has just upgraded from hamm to slink, and he found a
nasty problem: It seems that dpkg dumps core in certain cases when
the locale is not "C".

Questions:

Is this already reported? (I think it is, but I'm not sure).
Is this not a grave bug? (I think it should be).
Is there a fix?

If yes: Are we going to apply it? (If not: Why not?)
If not: Are we really going to release slink with this dpkg? (If yes: Arg!!!)

[ Yes, I'm worried by the fact that hamm's dpkg seemed to work better
  than slink's dpkg ].

Thanks.

--
 "eaf52549c0b4e1a1c35edf3b6fb96f7c" (a truly random sig)