Re: Permissions on master

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999, Frank Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
> Dale Scheetz wrote:
>
> > I just tried to download libtimedate-perl from /hamm/binary-all on master
> > and got "premission denied". Can someone well me what I'm doing wrong?
>
> It appears ok for me...could it be a permission problem of your local cwd
> (trying to "get" files via ftp into a directory youÄre not allowed to write
> to)? This struck me a few times in my life..

When I am not in a file that I can write to, the error message says that
it can't open the target file. This error said that I could not open the
file on the host (master). With the additional information about
"permission denied" it seemed clear where the problem was. I'll try it
again, although I got the package I wanted from a Hamm CD.

Thanks,

Dwarf