Re: xfree 3.3.3

Hi

As ppl here tend to send replys like this:

Ship's Log, Lt. ijr@po.cwru.edu, Stardate 040299.2032:
> Just use the bins distributed by xfree.  They work, which is more than I can
> say about the .debs in slink.

Ship's Log, Lt. Michael Shields, Stardate 050299.0143:
> You can always get the server binary from xfree86.org or its mirrors;
> or you can rpm -i the old XFCom_Matrox server from SuSE.

I'd like to share my experiences doing so.
I indeed got teh new XSVGA.tgz from XFree. But sadly I still couldn't
configure my Asus Bord with SiS5598 chip because Card or sim. Files did not
know about it. I also installed the xf86conig from Susi but that one did not
know about some of the debian stuff ...

I also don't understand why ppl here seem to persist on being not up2date.

Greetings
--
Alexander N. Benner  +  Nikodemus@innocent.com  +  25/m/s/Germany  +  #Hosanna

No alternative could grow  Where love cannot take root No shadows will replace
The warmth of your contact Love is dead in metropolis  All contact
through glove or partition What a waste     The City - A wasting disease.
_Anne Clark_               SLEEPER   IN   METROPOLIS           Changing Places