Re: soliciting opinions about potential new cron/at features

djthomp@okstate.edu writes:

>   It seems to me that the easiest way to do this is within GnuCash.
> Have it go into a catching-up (or maybe synchronizing) state where
> it looks at how much time has passed since the last time that it was
> run, and does what is needed to give the appearance that stuff was
> done as if it was timed like you are trying to do with cron.  I
> think this would work unless you were actually interacting with the
> account in the bank itself.

If you mean that the automatic transactions only happen when the user
launches GnuCash, then that's not going to be sufficient.  GnuCash is
also getting support for interaction with the stock quote systems, and
other real-time bits.  These have to happen at particular times, no
just whenever GnuCash is run.