Re: AIC7xxx driver in kernel-image-2.0.36 (slink, i386)?

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 09:33:26PM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> They are using version 5.1.7 of the AIC7XXX driver. I guess we still use
> version 5.1.4 (the one that came in the kernel 2.0.36 sources).

FWIW, I did some checking around and the latest version is 5.1.11.  If this
is the one in 2.2.1, then it works great for me.  You can get it at
ftp.varesearch.com:/pub/mirrors/aic7xxx-bsd/

Marcello: the older versions of the driver were also fine, it's just the
ones in 2.0.36 that were screwed, which is somewhat odd since they were
released after the beginning of Adaptec's collaboration.

BTW, with RH5.2 it's more annoying because the kernel and modules on the
boot disk are different from the ones that get installled, so even after the
install you still have to find a way to boot your computer.  Plus, their
installer is fundamentally incompatible with kernel 2.2, because it fails
when trying to establish a static route in eth0 and won't let you ignore the
error and carry on anyway...  More reasons to use Debian :-)

--
dhd@maclinux.plcom.on.ca (wearing my Linux/m68k+Mac+Debian hat)
  Latest kernels/patches: http://maclinux.plcom.on.ca/pub/