no utmp entry when using fakeroot

no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("rjc") at /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 40.
no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("rjc") at /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line 40.

I get the above errors repeatedly when building packages with
"dpkg-buildpackage -b -rfakeroot".  Is there any way of turning off these
unnecessary warnings?

--
I am in London and would like to meet any Linux users here.
I plan to work in London for 6 months and then I might move to some other