Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd (+binary compatablity?)

On Sun, Feb 21, 1999 at 01:17:16AM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >because cdrom.com have better hardware allocated to a mission-critical,
> >continuously-running service than RH allocated to a once-off event at a
> >computer show?
>
>     Nope.  As I said in my message Red Hat was balancing the load across
> several more powerful systems than what is used on ftp.cdrom.com.

I would say that Walnut Creek are seeing gradual increases in load and have
plenty of time to plan for upgrades. On the other hand, Red Hat want to
be damn sure that their machines are adequate for a short event like
a trade show, so they'd be playing it safe with more machines than needed.

Hamish