Re: AIC7xxx driver in kernel-image-2.0.36 (slink, i386)?

On Sat, Feb 20, 1999 at 12:38:48AM -0500, Steve Hsieh wrote:
> Are you sure this isn't just a case of Ultra-scsi being disabled in
> the adaptec bios?  The older aic7xxx drivers always enabled this even
> if the bios had it disabled it, resulting in the kinds of errors you
> describe below.

No, no such option exists on this card.  It's simply a problem of the driver
in 2.0.36 being broken.  2.2.1 also works just fine on this machine (in
fact, before I discovered the updated install disks, I'd grafted a 2.2.1
kernel into the old ones, which booted the machine fine, though, of course,
RedHat's installer panics and dies when it tries to configure a network
interface due to the dynamic-routing stuff...)

I've been wading through DejaNews trying to figure out exactly which
revisions of the aic7880 are affected, but haven't found anything yet.
Patching our 2.0.36 to include the new driver seems prudent, though.

Cheers