Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Fri, Feb 19, 1999 at 08:10:32PM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> No. The Open & Net BSD guys really hates one another. Just after
> Theo forked OpenBSD off, the NetBSD guys planted 'anti-OpenBSD' code
> in their CVS tree that would hang an OpenBSD kernel in the exception
> handler.  See the gory details on Miguel's page (near the bottom):
> http://www.nuclecu.unam.mx/~miguel/

Yes, this is what I have been saying all along.  Those guys would like
to strangle eachother, from what I understand.  However, I think that
we should expect that they would act like reasonable people to *other*
groups, until it can be proven otherwise.

Basically, I would treat any Open<->Net BSD nastiness as a special
case, until confronted with other evidence.

Anyway, this whole thread is probably a waste of time because I doubt
anyone will get up off their asses and actually *do* anything:->

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus