Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Alex Yukhimets wrote:

 : > Are there legal issues in the Freebsd license that blocks people to build
 : > distributions based on its kernel? If not, are there some Debian developers
 : > interested in developing a Debian/GNU Freebsd distribution?
 :
 : I don't see any legal issue here at all.
 : I only don't understand why would it be called GNU :)

One would suspect Debian/GNU FreeBSD would include GNU utilities instead
of or in addition to the BSD variants (but I'm sure you knew this and
were instead trying to make some sort of backhanded swipe at the FSF).

I know at least one person on this list who'd like to see Debian FreeBSD
(with no GNU utilities at all), but I forget who it was.  There was some
talk about this nearly a year ago.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD