Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 08:32:27AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Alex writes:
> > I only don't understand why would it be called GNU :)
>
> In order to cause John Dyson to emit interesting noises.

LOL - yes, this is reason enough to do the port>;-}

If I were going to actually dedicate my time, I would think a group
like NetBSD might benefit more from something like this, but it's
really up to whoever wants to work on it.

It's fair game to say "I think this is a bad idea because .....", but
not "we shouldn't do this", unless it is really *wrong* in some way.
That said, I think it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to contact the
freebsd guys before embarking in anything.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton               |   Fortune rota volvitur - descendo minoratus
davidw@prosa.it               |    alter in altum tollitur - nimis exaltatus