Re: Logo contest - `MUST be manipulated entirely in the GIMP'

Jim Pick wrote:
> > I noticed the following restriction:
> >   The image MUST be manipulated entirely in the GIMP
                                    ^^^^^^^^
                                    !!!!!!!!

> > Now, for a GIMP contest I'm sure this is appropriate.  However, it is
> > not appropriate for the Debian logo.  If I wish to submit an entry
> > which I have produced using some other software (free or for that
> > matter not free) I should be allowed to do so.
> >
> > Furthermore, it is unenforceable.
>
> So what?
>
> If it's a good logo, it can be redraw in xfig, or whatever...
>
> If I draw a logo with pencil and paper (the best way to design a
> logo), and scan it using the Gimp, I think that ought to qualify.

I wonder what the underlined word means in this context...  If I
would be responsible for the rules and if I had to disqualify, a
scanned image would be disqualified, also an imported and rendered
png.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        - Linus Torvalds