Re: Debian/GNU Freebsd

Alex Yukhimets <aqy6633@acf5.nyu.edu> writes:

   > Are there legal issues in the Freebsd license that blocks people to build
   > distributions based on its kernel? If not, are there some Debian developers
   > interested in developing a Debian/GNU Freebsd distribution?

   I don't see any legal issue here at all.
   I only don't understand why would it be called GNU :)

IMO, it would only be called GNU if we substituted GNU tools for their
BSD equivalent.  Otherwise it would be Debian BSD/FreeBSD, or simply
Debian FreeBSD.

BTW, I keep seeing references to Debian/Foo Bar in this thread.  I
believe that officially it is Debian Foo/Bar.
--
"To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and
 feature-poor toys." --Scott Adams