Re: sudo and cracklib

Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler wrote:

> Well, the current sudo still depends on cracklib, because it was built
> with the previous pam.

No.  Sudo depends on pam, period.  If you upgrade pam to a version that
doesn't depend on cracklib, then sudo will magically no longer depend on
cracklib either.

> Is there any chance that we can get a fixed sudo?

Sudo doesn't need to be fixed, and pam has already been fixed.  If
you're running an up-to-date slink, you should be able to remove
cracklib2 with no problems.  I just did.