Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Slink

>> "JC" == Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org> writes:

JC> This stuff may be arranged in such a manner so it exists if needed
JC> but is not used under normal operation..  ie, different paths are
JC> used for maintaining the system than running it.  I certainly
JC> would not want /bin/sh to be a static linked bash, but I would
JC> want init to be static and I would want single user mode to give
JC> me a static shell, etc.

This should be seperated from the rest of the system. Like a rescue
disk on steroids. It could be put on a seperate partition, a CD or
even on a fat partition or such.

We even don't need static versions then.

This has been shortly discussed on debian-user-de. One of the people
responsible for the world record debian-cluster wanted to check how
far the mini-debian they used could be extended for the task.

This rescue system should have the necessary tools to get you out of
the mess, but still remain small.