Re: Uploaded wmheadlines 1.3-1 (source i386) to master

On Sat, 13 Feb, 1999, C. Thomas wrote:
>  wmheadlines - Linux news website headlines integrated to windowmaker's menus

>    * Initial Release.
>    * Hope the config script works OK for you guys, feedback appreciated.

I have not looked at this package yet, but would it be better to intergrate it
into the debian menu system, I can just see slashdot headlines in pdmenu :-)

so when you run the script (i don't know what it is called) to update the
headlines it dumps the data in .menu in the standard menu format and runs
update-menus.

another thought is that if the script is being run by root in a cron job or
/etc/ppp/ip-up.d then the headlines could be system wide installed in
/usr/lib/menu, however this stops /usr being mounted read-only so needs some
more thought. perhaps some symlinks to /var/share/headlines would do the
trick.

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto