Re: Win32 port of Debian ?

> "Brimhall, GeoffreyX L" <geoffreyx.l.brimhall@intel.com> writes:
>
> > The reason I'm wondering about this is I was interested in porting the
> > libggi on top of DirectX, and the easiest way I could think of to do this
> > was to use the cygwin posix emulator. In attempting to kick off building
> > libggi, I quickly found myself wanting and building handy unix shell tools.
> > Then I though, "Well, this is the beginnings of a linux port". Finally, I
> > had the realization that if libggi is ported, then the Xggi-server (which is
> > a full-blown X server) should be able to port which would make a very nice

	Well, in fact I was wondering the same thing. I  started to use
cigwin because I wanted the same fine enviroment I had in UNIX. Soon I
found that people working with cigwin was porting most of software
necessary to do it. The last week I awake with this idea in mind: why not
create an complete UNIX emulator on top of vanila winnt using a package
sistem like debian? I find also the only great piece of software we need
to do this work is a free X-server. We could use wathever window manager
we like with it and so say goodbye to the win look-an-feel.

	My only problem now is I have to learn how the packge sistem
works. I think I could then help with building package to this new
distribution.

	I think we should also discuss about the Xserver. I'm not a
experienced C programmer, but I can at least learn a lot of things with
you.

calb@lia.ufc.br  -- http://www.lia.ufc.br/~calb