DOA source (hey, I have trouble with subjects)

Shaleh and I had discussed this regarding chameleon -- which has not had a
new release in 6 months or so?  (correct me if I'm wrong shaleh) -- shaleh
filled me in on this when I offered to adopt it.  I emailed the upstream
maintainer to see what was up -- and have yet to get a reply (or  bounce).
What do we do in a situation like this? -- when it appears the source has
been orphaned?  do we just remove it from the new dist (potato Id guess
since wallp won't be in slink) or do we just leave it's most recent
release as is?

(heh:  debian/dists/9.7/..../chameleon -> ../../../2.1/.../chameleon  )

lemme know -- I suppose if it's to be removed, that's fine (no point being
a maintainer of something that no longer needs one :(