xlib6g now depends on xfree86-common (?)

It has come to my attention that the new xlib6g base now depends on
xfree86-common.

I think this dependency is artificial, because of two reasons:

* The purpose of a library is to satisfy the dynamic linker for those
programs who need it. Since xfree86-common does not contain any library
on which xlib6g is based, the dependency is not needed by xlib6g.

* This dependency creates *indirect* dependencies on xfree86-common from
all the packages which depend on xlib6g. Those packages who need
xfree86-common should depend on it, those who don't should not, but making
xlib6g to depend on xfree86-common is just a way to hide a lot of
dependencies.

I have read the rationale in the README, but I still not understand it.

Could somebody please enlighten me and explain why this dependency is
really needed?

Thanks.

--
 "2bf7d88b0c940812165ca517ed72eb6a" (a truly random sig)