About horses, stables and such (was Re: Conflicting packages...)

On 8 Feb 1999, Stephen Zander wrote:

>     Santiago> If policy said:
>
>     Santiago> In the stable, we keep the horses.  In the house, we
>     Santiago> keep the birds.
>
>     Santiago> as a *definition* of stable and house, respectively,
>     Santiago> then it is derived from being a definition that this is
>     Santiago> not just something that just happens very often, but
>     Santiago> this is what policy dictates it should be.
>
> *If* you defined stable & house that way I'd agree with you.  But the
> current wording of policy does not *explicitly* make such definitions.
> [...]

Following the horses example, would you think the following wording
mandates where the horses should be?:

"In the stable, we keep all the horses".

(The difference is just the "all" word. I would be glad to add this single
word to my policy proposal if this is everything what is required for you
and others to understand it the same way I do).

Thanks.

--
 "04b9356b47bb4bef30dc1afadd6adc5b" (a truly random sig)