Re: That **** symlink problem

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 02:11:09PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> > I just got it, on a potato system.
> >
> > Because of the -9 breakage, I had had my X packages on hold.  I just
> > upgraded from -8 to -10 (this is all 3.3.2.3a), and I'm seeing quite a few
> > of the infamous circular symlink problems:
> >
> > The output from dpkg, FWIW, is included as a (small) attachment.
>
> I've actually already addressed this in what will be -11.  I realized after
> releasing -10 that I never told xbase-clients to replace old versions of
> xserver-common.  Oops.

Yeah... there were quite a few force-overwrite type things going on
there..

> I'm hoping the dpkg circular symlink problem can be resolved by having
> packages conflict with old versions of other packages in addition to
> replacing them.  Knock wood...

OK.  Any reason for me to keep my system frozen, or shall I give it
another go?  (It needs another go to properly install xlib)

I was vaguely keeping it frozen in case the contents of my dpkg databases
meant something to someone..

> Anyway, -11 (or 10pre11v1) will contain these changes to the control file.

Well, I'm on #debian (quicksilv, you're talking to me about kaffe..), so
lob me the prereleases if you make them today.

Jules