Re: That **** symlink problem

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 02:11:09PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> I just got it, on a potato system.
>
> Because of the -9 breakage, I had had my X packages on hold.  I just
> upgraded from -8 to -10 (this is all 3.3.2.3a), and I'm seeing quite a few
> of the infamous circular symlink problems:
>
> The output from dpkg, FWIW, is included as a (small) attachment.

I've actually already addressed this in what will be -11.  I realized after
releasing -10 that I never told xbase-clients to replace old versions of
xserver-common.  Oops.

I'm hoping the dpkg circular symlink problem can be resolved by having
packages conflict with old versions of other packages in addition to
replacing them.  Knock wood...

Anyway, -11 (or 10pre11v1) will contain these changes to the control file.

--
G. Branden Robinson              |
Debian GNU/Linux                 |            If existence exists,